Saturday, August 4, 2012

3D Maze Layout

Next I used the tile set I created to create the rooms for my 3D maze.  This is the first level of the maze I described in a previous blog.  I created a large blank image in Photoshop (4000x3000) That gives me plenty of room to work so long as I don't run out of memory.  Next I used the rectangle and polygonal lasso selection tools too select room areas from the tile set and past them into the new area.  The other way to do this is to make a big selection area and use the tile set as a fill pattern to fill the area with the tile set.  After adding all the areas I made the background invisible and merged all visible into a single layer.  I then set the layer style to have drop shadow and outer bevel.  Finally turned on the background again, merged all layers, added some numbers with drop shadows and saved as a JPEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment