Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dungeon Crawl Map

Another dungeon crawl map.

Step 1. On this one I first rendered the grid using POVRay.  Next I found a photo I had taken of some rocky mountains.  I applied high pass filter to the mountains and then pasted them as a layer on top of the grid.  I applied hard lighting with some transparency to get the desired effect.  I used edit define pattern to make this into a pattern.

Step 2.  I started a new blank image at 2000 x 1500 and filled the background with a 2x2 grid.  I used the rectangle selection tool and the polygon lasso tool to select the entire shape for all of the rooms.  I next inserted a new layer.  I then used the pattern created in step one to fill the entire layer with the grid.  I used Layer Style Settings to add Bevel (down) and Drop Shadow to the layer.  I adjusted the settings to get a nice image.

Step 3.  I put in another darker layer underneath the dungeon layer and applied hard light to the background grid to make it darker.  I then used flatten image before saving the image.

Below are some more tile sets that can be used as patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment